We would like to thank all the volunteers that have been collecting signatures and those of you that have already sent packets. Thanks for contacted us letting us know how many signatures you have already collected, and that you are continuing to volunteer!
The signatures that have been collected never expire. Once you sign the petition, your signature remains good until it is submitted.
If we can show grassroots activity collecting maybe over 50,000 signatures, we may be able to get funding for 2013. This will help in obtaining "paid" signature gatherers to ensure success for a 2014 ballot.
Thank you for your time and effort!
The medical marijuana ballot petition for Ohio patients has been approved by the Board of Elections, Secretary of State, and the . The is ready for you to help circulate and get it signed! This is your chance to help end medical marijuana prohibition here in Ohio. Please tell your friends, family, co-workers, college professors, doctors, and anyone else in between that we are recruiting volunteers. Send them to this site. Have them send an e-mail with their name, address, phone number, and e-mail address to
Common Mistakes While Circulating Petitions
Joe Bozzi, Director of The Ohio Freedom Alliance and Board Member of The Ohio Liberty Council covers the most common mistakes that volunteers make when circulating petitions
Common Mistakes for Petition Circulators to Avoid
- DO NOT change the order of pages in the petition packet
- DO NOT take pages out of the petition packet
- DO NOT un-staple your petition packet
- DO NOT fill out information for the voter
- DO NOT sign your own petition. As the petitions circulator you will only sign the “Statement of Circulator” on the last page. You can be a petition signer on someone elses petition.
- DO NOT combine counties on a single petition packet.
- DO fill out all required information on the last page
- DO instruct the voter to write information legibly
- DO make sure the signer is a registered voter in the county for your petition
- DO make sure the voter fills out all required information
- DO make sure the voter fills out accurate information to the best of your ability
- DO Not Abbreviate.
- Do Not have the voter Fill out Ward/Precinct box on the Petition unless they are 100% sure of the precinct they belong to. It is better for the box to be blank than filled out with the incorrect precinct/ward information.
After you reviewed the common mistakes test yourself by taking the